Wednesday, March 7, 2007

What's for Dinner? (when you have multiple food allergies)


Stirfry tonight.

We used frozen tenderloin chicken that I cooked in Olive Oil in a pan on the stove while I showered the the ladybugs (it cooked for about 20 minutes on the stove because I didn't defrost it). Add a bag of mixed vegetable stirfry. I used Trader Joe's Bejing vegetables that had shitake mushrooms, baby corn, water chestnuts, carrots, snow peas, green beans broccolli and red peppers. We didn't use the soy sauce - (I generally stay away from prepared sauces) and served it over rice..

This makes an interesting soy sauce substitute

Ingredients
8fl.oz (1 cup) Molasses (use blackstrap for extra iron)
3fl.oz. (about 1/3 cup) Balsamic Vinegar
Sugar to taste

Instructions
Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix until well blended.

Ladybug tried each of the vegetables and ate the chicken and rice. She liked it. Little ladybug only ate the chicken - she didn't even touch the broccolli. Overall it was just ok - I would probably try again in the Spring and add avocado to it.

No comments: